Mrs. Odie is not my real name. I write anonymously for one reason: I am a public high school teacher. Okay, four reasons: my job, my husband, and my two daughters. They deserve to remain anonymous.
“Viva” is what I call my four year-old, and “Pringles” is my youngest, born in June 2011. The latter’s name comes from when I was pregnant: “I just ate my fetus’s body weight in Pringles” I wrote as my Facebook status, and my clever friend Trixiebelle quipped “That’s what you should name her!” The nickname stuck and to this day Trixie has a hard time calling my youngest by her real name.
My husband Odie is also a teacher. He is gorgeous, tall, nerdy, and socially anxious. The whole package.
I come from a family of girls who produce girls. I have four sisters, two daughters, and three nieces. The only way you can get into this family as a man is to marry in. (Editor’s note: my stepsister recently gave birth to a healthy boy!)
I’m an Aries, a vegetarian (90% of the time, the other 10% I eat Filet-O-Fish sandwiches and hate myself), and the ambivalent owner of two cats and a dog.
Writing is my dream job. It is my passion. When I am not physically writing, I am writing in my head. Having a successful blog and all that it leads to is me living my dream. Welcome to my dream.
This blog is about my life and my commentary on life. It is honest, irreverent, and hopefully funny. Thank you for reading. If this isn’t enough, and let’s face it, it’s not, you can follow me on Twitter: @mrsodie2. Joel McHale direct messaged me once. I’m that good.